Friday, October 31, 2008

A List of Other Political Candidates I am Supporting.......



..........Most (but not all) are Democrats. I am marking incumbents with an (I) and Republicans with a star (*).

Senate Races:

Kay Hagan in NC (pictured)
Mark Warner in Va.
Al Franken in Minn.
Susan Collins in Maine* (I)
Mark Begich in Alaska (his opponent is Sen. Ted Stevens, now a felon)
Jim Martin in Georgia
Bruce Lunsford in Kentucky

There are also senate races in New Hampshire, Mississippi, Colorado and New Mexico among other states.

Congressional Races:

In North Carolina:

Brad Miller (I)
Heath Shuler (I) (pictured)
David Price (I)
Howard Coble (I)*


In Virginia:

Tom Perriello
Sam Rasoul
Frank Wolf (I)*
Gerry Connolly

There are obviously other Congressional races in both states, and many more around the country. But, I figured if I didn't draw the line somewhere I might need to endorse my picks for the Alamance County (Burlington, NC) County Commissioners race.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kudos to Kay Hagan for winning her seat over Republican senator Elizabeth Dole in NC. Back in the spring, this looked like a long-shot effort and there were concerns when neither Gov. Mike Easley (D) or Cong. Brad Miller (D-NC) stepped forward to challenge Dole . I have tremendous faith in Hagan, who is a state senator from Greensboro and I am delighted in her victory.