Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ridgemont High's 25th Year Reunion

I only have time for a very brief entry today. But, I had believed that "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," which came out when I was 12 years old, was celebrating its 25th anniversary. And, it was indeed released on Aug. 12, 1982.

There was an interesting bit of trivia that I found regarding this film which featured three future Academy Award winning actors (Nicholas Cage, Forrest Whitaker, and Sean Penn) as well as Jennifer Jason Leigh, who is a stellar actress in her own right. Though, some of the film's stars like Judge Reinhold have not reached such high plateaus (Reinhold was in "Santa Clause 3" last year!).

As it turns out, there was an acclaimed director who was offered the film before Amy Heckerling was asked to helm the project which was penned by Cameron Crowe. I was shocked when I saw who it was!

Is this director:

a) Martin Scorsese
b) John Sayles
c) Robert Altman
d) David Lynch

The answer is down below, so start the strolling..............















It is indeed (d) David Lynch!

No comments: