Sunday, August 5, 2007

Old Hats in Bean Town

I actually thought I had an abundance of material for my blog, as I was on the road for some two and half weeks. But, I actually just had writer's block....yikes!

This blog entry will reveal something that some of you may not know about me: my mother is an antique dealer! In fact, she will be at a show in Lynchburg, Va., on Oct. 26.

But, today's installment is about another antique dealer, and one with a specialty_hats!

Mary Lou Connaught of Saugus, Mass., was the profile a sidebar in the July 24 edition of "The Boston Globe."

As a flight attendant, she gathered many clothing items from around the world, including jewelry, hats and handbags. She now has them in her store, Mary Lou's Vintage Clothing Boutique, which is located in the Cambridge Antique Market in Cambridge, Mass.

Connaught told "The Boston Globe" that she always had a love for nicely made items that could withstand the test of time.

Her items are from many decades, including the '30s, '40s and '50s.

Perhaps, if she opened a store in New Hampshire, Sen. Hillary Clinton would stop by! Items start at $15, so you may have to be Hillary to shop there:)

Mary Lou's Vintage Clothing Boutique

Cambridge Antique Market

201 Msgr. O'Brien Hwy.

Cambridge, Mass.

617-868-9655

Useful Links:

http://www.marketantique.com

http://boston.com/sidekick

For more info on my mom's show in Lynchburg, email me at turkam@yahoo.com

 

No comments: