Friday, July 28, 2006

So, do you know when "The Raven" was published?

Through reasons that are too complicated to explain here, I came across the Edgar Allan Poe Museum's web site. The museum is located in Richmond- NOT Baltimore, though a number of historical sites related to Poe are found in John Waters' hometown.

They have a quiz on Poe knowledge. I got 5 out of 10 right. Well, perhaps there is a Robert Frost quiz. Anyway, here is one question I got wrong. It is one which I thought I would get right since I consider "The Raven" to be among my favorite poems!

 

The question was worded: The year Poe's infamous poem "The Raven" was published in:

a) 1844

b) 1845

c) 1846

 

 

 

 

It is: B- 1845.

I guessed C- 1846!

 

The web site for the Poe Museum is http://www.poemuseum.org

They are located at 1914 E. Main St. Richmond, Va. 23223

The Poe Museum can be reached via email at info@poemuseum.org or by calling 1-800-21E-APOE

 

The Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore's web site is http://www.eapoe.org

 

On Oct. 1st, they will be hosting a tribute to Poe at his grave which is located in Baltimore at Westminister Burying Gardens on the corner of Fayette and Greene streets. 

No comments: