Thursday, August 3, 2006

Journalists make less than George Washington did?

I get political news from "The Washington Post," and they also send political trivial questions. I usually miss them, though I was on a winning streak. The following question ended my streak, but I think it is interesting enough to post here.

 

Q: How much was George Washington's salary as president?

 

Was it:

 

A) $12,500

B) $20,000

C) $25,000 or

D) $30,000

 

If you guessed C, you are right! I would offer you a free trip to Alaska, but well maybe when I win the NC Lottery (which I never play!)

Update Aug. 10: Many people may not realize this, but the "Washington Post" is available free on the web without registration, unlike "The New York Times." They had a great preview of the Democratic primary in Connecticut in Sunday's paper. Their web site is: http://www.washingtonpost.com

 

No comments: