Sunday, July 2, 2006

Looking for a new religion???!

As the three people who might be reading this blog now, I was in Chapel Hill yesterday. I had an amazing time. To think, it was the result of a decision not to drive any further on I-40 (en route to Raleigh)! Anyway, while in Chapel Hill, as I was walking past the Varsity Theatre, which I saw in an episode of "Dawson's Creek" once, I came across some Hari Krishnas. As it turns out, they have their cult- sorry, congregational meetings in nearby Hillsborough, NC. They meet at 5pm. And, they offer a free vegetarain feast as well as- of course, singing! For more information, their web site is www.newgoloka.com

On the other side of extreme, I have noticed that between here and Eden, NC, there is a radical Christian church which has a firetruck on its front lawn. I was caught off-guard by the sight of this. It was only until I saw the words 'FIRE ESCAPE' beneath the fire truck, that I got what they were saying! Alas, I have no web site for this cult... sorry, I meant congregation- of course! 

No comments: