Saturday, July 15, 2006

A plug for my friend Tom's columns in the Roanoke Times

For those of you from my hometown of Roanoke, Va., it is entirely possible that you've spent half your adult life wondering how Mill Mountain got its name. Of course, if you now live in Roanoke, which I alas don't, you probably know about Ooops the runaway monkey from Mill Mountain Zoo who was found at nearby Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Well, if you want to know how Mill Mountain got its name, my friend Tom Angleberger who is a columnist with "The Roanoke Times" has the answer to that question in his column, which is published on Fridays but available on the web every day of the week. A columinst from 'The Washington Post' recently said newspapers may be the only industry in the country which gives its product away for free and wonders why people are buying fewer papers! Tom's column can be found at:

http://www.roanoke.com/columnists/angleberger/wb73719

It is indeed free!

Tom is married with two children. He lives in Christiansburg, Va., and he is one of the nicest people I ever met in the business. We once worked in the same jurisdiction for two different papers, but my like the title character in "Memento," I must profess that a rock hit my head and I have forgotten that period of my life entirely.... so I wish!:)

No comments: