Thursday, March 4, 2010

Today is My 40th Birthday, and I am NOT Turning Into a Republican





While I was listening to NPR's "Talk of the Nation" yesterday during my one-hour commute to work, I was thinking to myself: "Hmmm...tomorrow is my 40th birthday. They say you get more conservative as you get older is there any chance....," and then I heard the show's guest former presidential candidate Mitt Romney (R-Mass.) speak and I realized: "Nope....!"

Of course, some Republicans like Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) are moderate, sane, rational people,who are not right-wing extremists, and if I lived in Portland (Maine) I might be inclinded to vote for her.

But here in the South, they are pretty much the characters you see in an old Hopalong Cassidy western or (even worse) folks who would actually give $$$$ to the likes of the Rev. Robert Tilton (pictured here)..........hmm, someone might actually shoot me for saying that:)

No comments: