Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Silly Picture to Fill Space- Little Green Men




Since two science-fiction films have been nominated for Best Picture Oscar this year ("Avatar," and "District 9") and much to the seeming dismay of my science-fiction connosieur friend Chris Knight, I hated them both with equal disdain, I thought I would post an entry dedicated to little green men. In this case, they are actually protesters in the United Kingdom.

While researching this piece (and yes we actually did that for this!), we found out that Cedar City, Utah, is apparently a hotbed for UFOs.

And, there will be a UFO Congress meeting at the Ramada Inn in Bordentown, NJ, on May 8-9 this year. I guess like the tea-bagger convention which was held in Nashville, Tenn., a few weeks ago, it might be interesting to see what's going on, but (since I don't believe in little green men) I'd feel out of place. Of course, I would have also felt the same way at the Southern Baptist convention, which was held here in Greensboro, NC, a few years ago (when Bush Two was El Presidente no less).

Apparently, Wytheville, Va., a truck-stop town some 60 miles west of my hometown of Roanoke, Va., reported many UFO sightings circa 1987 and there is a UFO rest stop in Stephensville, Tex.

For those of you visiting this blog from Bergen, Norway, who may think us Americans are alone in this whackiness, there is also a UFO Musuem in Istanbul, Turkey. I have actually been there. I gather Marvin the Martian likes the ruins to Ephesus, and drinking beer while watching topless German women in the resort town of Bodrum.

No comments: