Monday, March 22, 2010

Silly Picture to Fill Space- Kandula the Elephant






Since we posted an image of a Turkish donkey in representation of the Democratic Party, we thought we'd post an image of the Republican Party's symbol, the elephant even though I vote for Republicans as often as I ride an elephant (I actually rode on at the San Diego Zoo in 1984 when I was 14).

While researching this piece, I found out that 75 percent of all evangelicals vote Republican, and that our very own Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) is the ninth most conservative member of the Senate. Who are the other eight?!

The North Carolina Republican Party is now headed by former Raleigh mayor Tom Fetzer.

This image is of Kandula, who was born at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, in
2001. The zoo is currently hard to bred female elephants, including Shanthi. At the moment, from what I gathered, visitors can not view elephants at the National Zoo because they are working on an Elephant Trails project.

But, if one wants to see a female elephant in Washington, DC, they go to Capitol Hill and say hi to one of the Tarheel State's most vocal members, Cong. Virginia Foxx (R-NC).

No comments: