Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Heath Care Voices- Members of Congress



I conclude my health care megablogathon, which includes two entries on "The Daily Vampire" as well with six quotes from six different congressional reps.

Though there were exceptions like Cong. Heath Shuler (D-NC) and Cong. Patrick Lynch (D-Mass), Democratic congressional reps tended to vote for the bill while all Republicans, even some moderates who were first in favor until political pressures mounted from the right, voted against it.

"The bill will undeniably and ultimately lead to the rationing of health care in America," Cong. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.)

"Today marks a victory that has been a long time coming," Cong. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI).

"I am opposed to a government takeover of our health care system and I will continue to be a strong advocate for putting patients first," Cong. Lee Terry (R-Neb.)

"I believe Congress can do better than the over 2,400 page nearly $1 trillion bill," Cong. Frank Wolf (R-Va.)

"For nearly a year now I have listened to my constituents about the need for health care reform, and heard from seniors, students, and small business owners in my district- all of whom are struggling to fund quality and affordable health care," Cong. Jared Polis (D-Colo.)

"This plan is good for America....for too long, health care has been a privilege, not a right in America," Cong. Corrine Brown (D-Fla.)

No comments: