Monday, March 1, 2010

Quote of the Week- Forest Whitaker




Forest Whitaker won an Oscar for his chilling portayal of Ugandan dictator Idi Amin in "The Last King of Scotland" (2006). Uganda has made news recently as they are trying to become one of the few places in the world where gays and lesbians are executed for their sexual orientation! (We only thought that happened in Iran and West Virginia!*).


Here is today's quote from Whitaker, which is in reference to Amin:

"I'm not trying to defend him. The Amin I found was not a good man."

We also love Whitaker's film "Ghost Dog:Way of the Samurai" (1999), which was directed by Jim Jarmusch.

*-I am from Roanoke, Va., where we make fun of West Virginia all the time. And, to my friends in places like Bluefield,Charleston and Morgantown- I know you guys do the same thing to us. Of course, our put-downs are a lot funnier!

No comments: