Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Top 10 List_ What's in My Netflix Que






Here are the next 10 films in my Netflix que. I am focusing on political documentaries, though not all these are political docs.


1.Devil Girl from Mars

2. Best of TromaDance Film Festival, Volume 1

3. The Hunting of the President

4. A Christmas Family Tragedy

5. With God on Our Side

6. Guerilla: The Taking of Patty Hearst

7. Ghosts of Abu Ghraib

8. Chicago 10

9. The Aristrocrats

10. Mr. Conservative: Goldwater on Goldwater

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have THE HUNTING OF THE PRESIDENT. Interestingly, one of the directors, Nickolas Perry is best known for SPEEDWAY JUNKY, a drama about young male prostitutes in Las Vegas. If GHOSTS OF ABU GRAIB is the Errol Morris doc, I've seen it.

Anonymous said...

In my non-Netflix que - "que" meaning the vids are sitting on my TV desk - are SUPERBAD, THE HISTORY BOYS, IMELDA, THE TRIGGER EFFECT, BEAR CUB, RUMBLE FISH, THE PROPOSITION, and a documentary on Edwin S. Porter. That last I was supposed to watch tonight - after RED DAWN(!) - but, the best laid plans of mice and men...

Unknown said...

I think "Ghosts" was directed by Rory Kennedy and it originally aired on HBO. But, Erroll Morris directed a film about the same subject. At this point, I'm not sure about half the titles I get from Net Flix. There are so many that it's easy to get them all mixed up.

Anonymous said...

Okay...I saw one of Kennedy's earlier films on HBO. Poor lady...Michael Kennedy died in her arms, and John, Jr. was killed on the way to her wedding.