Monday, November 3, 2008

Nostalgia Monday- Comic Book Character Who Ran 4 Prez






Today, with my sister blog "The Daily Vampire," I am focusing on 1976. It was the first and last year I wanted a Republican to win the White House. I was six years old at the time, and for some reason I was very found of President Gerald Ford, who was admittedly a nicer guy than most modern day Republicans.

It was also the year a certain Marvel Comics character ran for president.

If you have been with this blog when we were with AOL, you probably already know the answer. But, for a free trip to War, W.Va, we are offering it again (it should be noted there are no hotels in War that we are aware of!).

Was the character?:

A) Captain America

B) Spiderman

C) Howard the Duck

D) Iron Man

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howard The Duck. Is that free trip for real, Tilly? Maybe a farmer will put me up for a few days.

Unknown said...

Kudos! We have a winner. Yeah, no free trip to Australia, but maybe I can send you a postcard of Australia.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, Australia? You promised a free trip to War, West Virginia! I'm going to look up the town on Wikipedia now.