Thursday, November 27, 2008

Letter of the Week........about film critic Amy Taubin




For those who aren't familiar with her work, Amy Taubin is a brilliant film critic who writes for both "Film Comment" and "The Village Voice." I don't always agree with her feminist take on the world (since I am a centrist liberal now as opposed to the passionate one I was five years ago_ but I am HARDLY Michael Medved), but one has to love her analysis of films ranging from "Taxi Driver" to "Funny Ha Ha." And, apparently, Matt Howard of Roseville, Calif., agrees with me as indicated by this letter to "Film Comment" (current issue):


"I've loved all of Amy Taubin's articles for the past few issues and thought she was the only one over there with balls and spunkiness and ferocity. I honestly thought she was in her thirties until I wiki'd her today. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not. Don't fire her! LOVE you, Amy,"


http://www.filmlinc.com

No comments: