Monday, February 1, 2010

Quote of the Week- Michael Jordan





We are posting a comment from UNC and Chicago Bulls great Michael Jordan because he hails from Wilmington, NC. He is both an African-American and perhaps the most familiar person, living or dead, to ever hail from the Tarheel State.

Today here in Greensboro, NC, the International Civil Rights Museum opened.

For full coverage, go to yesweekly.com

Here is the quote from MJ:

"My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn't stand the side line."

UPDATE: Yes, I'm working on the missing Michael Jordan image which I just noticed!

NOTE: We posted this entry very, very late last night. But, I did want to mention that the civil rights museum is a historic moment for those of us in Greensboro, NC, and I am sure it will bring many tourists to the Gate City.

No comments: