Wednesday, April 15, 2009

True Confessions (8 of 11)_ Slamdancing Back in '88





We have changed the format of this series in that we are no longer going to present the info in the form of a quiz. Folks simply aren't playing along!

But, I did indeed participate in a men's bikini contest in Myrtle Beach, SC, some 15 years ago. I hope that info isn't read by a perspective future employer, but hey everyone is young and foolish at some point in life.

So, today I am freely admitting that once upon a time in the city of Roanoke, Va., I went slam dancing to a now defunct local heavy metal band called Nosferatu (undoubtedly named after the classic vampire film pictured here) at a now defunct place called the Iroqoius Club, which existed on Salem Avenue.

Ahh, those were the days!

I did start having back problems a few years after I participated in slam dancing, which was circa 1988- for all perspective future employers or FBI personnel who happen to be spying on me, but the chiropractor in Woodstock, Va., attributed that to moving and lifting heavy boxes........!

No comments: