Thursday, April 16, 2009

Political Confusion Test (16 of 21) Earth Day or Tea Party








Yes, folks one can see the political divide everywhere including where I live in Boneville County, NC (fictional county).

Just yesterday, there was a 'tea party' in the town of Ararat (fictional name) where folks held up negative signs about their commander-in-chief. At another such rally in Greensboro (real town), one person refered to our president as 'Baby Killer Obama' (yes, I agree that person is an idiot!).

For those in Karachi (real place), the tea party is being held to protest Barack Obama's efforts to stabilize our economy with a bail out package, even though Republicans are just as too blame for the economic mess as anyone else in Washington, DC (real place).

But, on Saturday, in Boneville we will have an Earth Day celebration with live bands outside the Backstreet Buzz Coffee-Shop (real place). This is undoubtedly going to be the very first Earth Day celebration in Boneville.

Some how, I doubt my good friend Chris Knight (I'm sure he'll let me use his real name since he is an uber extrovert) won't be there as he once refered to Earth Day as 'Nerf Day.'

I, for one, am not an environmentalist fanatic but if Ahnuld thinks global warming is a reality and each summer day in Boneville feels as hot as hell's kitchen when it's on fire then I think it's safe to conclude that Al Gore has a valid point.

I would write more but I have a class to teach at some real town in a real rural part of southern Virginia.

Sidebar_ Oooops! This was supposed to be on our sister blog "The Daily Vampire" http://www.nocturnalguy38.blogspot.com

No comments: