Monday, September 24, 2007

Quotes from Oscar Wilde

It is a boring Monday morning. And, I probably have a thousand other things that I need to do (don't we all). If there is one good thing about Monday morning, it is the realization that I would perhaps be equally bored and lacking oxygen to the brain right now even if I were in New York, Las Vegas, or Baghdad.

So, we will be quoting renown playwright/author Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), perhaps best known for his novel "Picture of Dorian Gray," who was known throughout England for his quick wit. 

"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal."

"A man can be happy with any woman as long he does NOT love her."

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

"Arguments are to be avoided, they are often vulgar and often convincing."

And, lastly, my personal favorite:

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

 

"Always

No comments: