Monday, September 17, 2007

Entry on the Emmys, Perhaps This Will Help My Ratings

Last night, I went to see "Balls of Fury." Hmmm. It was pretty bad. But, it was the only movie playing where I live. Though, I still prefer the Rockingham Theatre over a multiplex.

As I was deliberating whether to walk out of a film- something I very rarely do, my friend Moviezzz in Mass., was not only watching the Emmys, but posting live blog entries over the gala awards show, which was broadcast on Fox-TV.

Tv critic Scott D. Pierce of "The Desert Morning News" in Salt Lake City apparently enjoyed the show even less than I liked "Balls of Fury:"

"Fox did do the nearly impossible- it made the Emmy show itself worse than ever. It had all the professionalism of an elementary-school production."

The Emmys made news this morning because it cut away Sally Field and Ray Romano, apparently because they used 'bad words.'

I was happy to hear that my favorite sitcom "30 Rock" won the Emmy for best comedy. Though, Moviezzz strongly feels "The Office" deserved it more. I won't argue with him, since he likely has the whole town of Scranton, Pa., behind him (that is where the show is set...the American version).

Here is a brief synopsis of some thing Moviezzz captured during his live blogging:

7:57 p.m. Nigel Barker likes Eva Longoria and Lisa Edelstein's dresses the best.

8:41 p.m. Jennifer Love Hewitt has arrived. And all is right with the the world.

9:16 p.m. David Chase wins for "The Sopranos."

10:56 p.m. I was almost asleep again, but did James Sapder just beat out James Gandolfini?

 

For more on the Emmys:

http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com

http://deseretnews.com

 

No comments: