Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Very Funny Story Involving a One-Dollar Bill

On Thursday, I had a job interview in Yanceyville, NC, which is about 30 miles away from here. After the interview, I was very hungry and I was pressed for time. So, I stopped at a McDonald's. This is something I rarely do. Morgan Spurlock's documentary film "Supersize Me!" made me even more aware of how dangerous fast food is to our health and as a slightly overweight person anyway, I gradually started eating less and less fast food.

Nevertheless, I visited this McD's in Yanceyville and had a grilled chicken caesar salad. It had been a while since I was given a one-dollar with a 'Where's George" stamp on it. I first became aware of these bills while working at the Grandin Theatre in Roanoke a few years ago.

I come across them so rarely that I think I may have even spent one that I may have recieved at The Bosphorous Turkish Restaurant in Cary, NC, without entering it in the web site.

The last time I found one that I entered was at a Starbuck's while vacationing in Maui- of all places!

Well, the irony about this McD's one-dollar bill is that upon entering it today, I found out that the bill had originated in Roanoke_my very own hometown!

Apparently, the person who entered it originally spent it at an Exxon station in Covington, Va., a small town some 60 miles north of Roanoke. It somehow made the rounds and ended up just south of the Virginia border.

I am thinking the Acme Comic Book Shop in Greensboro might be a good place to spend it..............maybe!

http://www.wheresgeorge.com

 

No comments: