Friday, June 29, 2007

Marilyn Manson is Back?!

Greetings from Charlotte.........5 o'clock traffic here is a $%#@ nightmare!!!!

Bowling for Soup is in town, but that's not where I'm at............

I picked up a copy of the local al weekly "Creative Loafing" while I was downtown today and the current issue has a blurb about Marilyn Manson's first record in four years.

"Eat Me, Drink Me" was released on June 5, and according to Loafing's Jeff Hahne, the glam, shock rocker's latest effort is better than his last record but it is apparently not quite up to par with "Dark Side of the Moon" or "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."

Hahne goes on to say that: "Lyrics about vampires and lost/new love dominate an album that's much more mellow than previous efforts."

The rock critic adds that he misses the old Manson who freaked people out with his 1996 release "Antichrist Superstar."

Needless to say Manson is one of these people, along with over-the-top film director James Cameron Mitchell (take my advice and DON'T put "Shortbus" on your Netflix que) who brings out my inner Sam Brownback.........

While in Charlotte, I stopped at a Starbucks. I noticed that Paul McCartney's much-hyped new only-available-at-Starbucks cd was indeed available there.........I think I'd prefer to shell out $18.95 for "Eat Me, Drink Me."

Links:

http://www.charlotte.creativeloafing.com

 

 

No comments: