Sunday, August 27, 2006

I gave "Little Miss Sunshine" a 10!

I have been reviewing films for the web site of the Grandin Theatre in Roanoke, Va., since December of last year. I have given many films, including "Capote," "An Inconvenient Truth," A Scanner Darkly" and "The World's Fastest Indian" high ratings. But, I have never given any of the films a perfect 10. Well, with "Little Miss Sunshine" that has all changed. I thought the film was brilliant. The screenplay and the directing are superb and the cast is stellar. Alan Arkin may have given his best screen performance since "Wait Until Dark," which came out in 1967! But, Toni Collette and the rest of the cast are remarkable as well. I was really surprised how much I liked this film, perhaps as much as "Sideways," which I consider to be the best film of the decade so far. I want to thank Jason Garnett, mgr. of the Grandin for this great opportunity to review films- something that an increasing amount of newspapers are 'importing' to save costs.

For my review, log on to:

http://www.grandintheatre.com

UPDATE: For a different view, you can go to my friend Jim's movie blog. He lives around Northhampton, Mass. He apparently did not like the film. Alas, I could not locate his review of "Little Miss Sunshine" due to a glitch from my pc. But, it should be under the August archives. Regardless, Jim's blog is pretty cool. He updates it almost every other day! The latest entry concerns who should be the next Wonder Woman. His choice is Eliza Dushku ("Bring it On")- great choice! Jim's blog is located: http://www.talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com

 

 

No comments: