Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Silly Photo to Fill Space- School Lunch Menu




For school children living in Orange County, NC, which includes Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Hillsborough, here are the school lunch items that will be served on Thursday (5/20).

When I was a kid at East Salem Elementary School in Salem, Va. (near Roanoke) our school lunches were a mere 65 cents. Of course, I was a third-grader in 1979. My Turkish father was very adamant that I not eat corn dogs because they (of course) had pork.

Hmmm........maybe I will have to have a ham and cheese omelet at the Omelette Shop in Princeton, WVa (not actually where I am at the moment--but there is such a place there and it's open 24/7), but there really is no fun in agitating someone who alas has been dead for some 25 years! But, agitating people who are alive and well is a different matter.....though I could NEVER eat turtle soup! Well, could you?!

Here is what is on the menu, (this material was originally listed in "The Carrboro Citizen," but I assume they can't sue me since this is in the public record):

Mozzarella Cheese Sticks w/Marinara Dipping Sauce (pictured) or Baked Potato w/Chilli and Cheese; w/Wheat Roll, "Fun on the Run" (what in the world is that?!); Traditional Mixed Vegetables; Chilled Fruit Cocktail or Chocolate Pudding.

Next week, we will list the school lunch menu items for students attending grade school in Karachi, Pakistan (that is a joke!).

No comments: