Thursday, May 27, 2010

If I Read It on Twitter, It Must Be True!




We must profess that we weren't really sure what to post here since I came across many unique things through tweets on Twitter this evening.

Among them, was this one from EatBoston: "Finally found more Rattlesnake meat- should have it back on this weekend! Hey new guy- ever cooked a Rattlesnake before?"

Hmm....

Also, according to a tweet from "The Toronto Sun," Team Argentina's doctor has said it was ok for the team's soccer players to have sex during the upcoming World Cup in South Africa while in competition. Somehow, I doubt an Iranian team doctor (I don't believe they qualified this time around) would make that same recommendation.

On a more serious note, a tweet from the civic activist group Muslim Matters said that a right-wing nut radio talk show host named Mike Berry in Texas called 'for a bombing' of a proposed mosque that would be located near Ground Zero in New York. I guess the Tea Partiers are becoming terrorists. Patty Hearst would be proud (aren't these guys just hippies in reverse- well, David Brooks thinks so and he's a Republican!)

Lastly, Showtimers Theatre in my hometown of Roanoke, Va., is getting ready to pull the proverbial curtain up for their production of the farcical play "Right Bed, Wrong Husband" about a woman caught between two men. The play was written by playwrights Ned and Caroline Shaffner. The local production will be directed by Karen Moore. The performance will feature Spencer Meredith, Kelly Anglin and Tim Kennard. The shows opens on June 2 with performances through June 13. Call 540-774-2660 for showtimes, tickets and more information. I must profess that this would not want to be a situation I'd want to find myself in---well, I'm thinking about the guys!

No comments: