Monday, December 21, 2009

Quote of the Week- Clark Gable




Today, in celebration of my mom Lila Sullivan's 70th birthday, I am quoting the late, great Clark Gable whose most famous film "Gone With the Wind" came out in 1939 when my mom was born.

My mother was raised in Rock Hill, SC, but she moved to Roanoke, Va., to become a teacher at William Byrd High School in the 1961, the same year she met my father, the late Mehmet Gokbudak (1921-1983).

I was born in 1970, and my sister Lale came into the world in 1974.

Mom and I stopped by the Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta back in 2007. Perhaps, one day we will also visit Cadiz, Ohio, which is where Gable was born. It is also where the Clark Gable Foundation is located.

Here is the quote from Gable, which seems quit a bit humbling:

"I'm just a lucky guy from Ohio who happened to be in the right place at the right time."

No comments: