Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Top Ten Favorite NHL Teams















There were only two games in the National Hockey League today. Here are the results:

Chicago 4 Tampa Bay 0
Colorado 3 Calgary 2

I have just started watching the sport again. I was not even interested when the 'local team' (Raleigh is about 90 miles from where I live) the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup in 2006 over the Edmonton Oilers.

When I was a teenager, I loved the Edmonton Oilers because of their star players Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier. Perhaps because there have been few stars who have excited me as much as those guys, I eventually lost interest in the sport. But, I am interested again especially since the sport seems to be an unpredictable one.

This coming week, the cable channel Versus will air two games: Buffalo vs. Montreal on Monday night, and Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh (the Penguins are the defending champs) on Tues. night.

The Carolina Hurricanes host the Florida Panthers on Saturday night in Raleigh. If I lived closer to the state capital, perhaps I would be there!

Here are my ten favorite teams. I expect some of these players pictured here are no longer with these respective teams:

1. New York Rangers (pictured here)
2. Colorado Avalanche
3. Washington Capitals (pictured here)
4. Carolina Hurricanes (pictured here)
5. San Jose Sharks
6. Chicago Blackhawks
7. Florida Panthers
8. Vancouver Canucks
9. New Jersey Devils
10. Montreal Canadiens

No comments: