Tuesday, March 31, 2009

True Confessions Quiz (6 of 11)





One aspect of living in a small town in North Carolina when you are not a small-town person yourself is that there are voids which need to be filled as I don't a) go to church b) go to car races c) go to pig roasts or d) hang out in redneck bars

Hence, I now actually subsribe to five different magazines at a time when most people are cancelling their's.


I am going to compose a list of eight magazines here, and there are three of them which I don't subsribe. Guess which three they are, and I'll send you send a bumper sticker from the town I live in!


A) Film Comment

B) Mad (pictured)

C) Reader's Digest

D) Oxford American

E) New Republic

F) Rolling Stone

G) Interview

H) Legs

UPDATE (April 1): And, we have a winner! My sister Lale Lovell of Boulder, Col., guessed which magazines I don't subscribe to. They are: Mad, Reader's Digest and Legs. The later is an adult magazine that cartoon artist R. Crumb perports to read. Perhaps, he has more spare time than I do! Lale will be getting a gift in the mail soon.....

No comments: