Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Rude Discovery




A few days ago when my mother came to visit me in Mount Airy, NC (not where I actually reside), she informed me that she had discovered a note I had written in the guest bedroom.

The note, as it turns out, was a random list of things I could do to improve my life, which is at times a bit out of sink.

The number one item on the list was: "I need to be more independent of my domineering mother."

I felt tremendously guilty of the note even though mom said she was 'not mad at me.'

When she went back to Virginia, I gave her a call and said: "You are not a domineering mother in Joan Crawford sense, but you have some Queen Elizabeth tendencies that _" and before I could finish, she interupted by saying:

"You bet I do!"

I guess the lesson to this story is simply_ don't leave notes!

No comments: