Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cinema of the Week- Esquire Theatre in Cincy (10 of 21)




The historic Esquire Theatre in Cincinnati, Ohio, is showing "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" at midnight this Saturday night. To date, my cousin Shannon Sturgis of St. Louis has seen the film 899 times (or more).

It's a travesty to think that this glorious place was actually converted into a Wendy's restaurant.

The theatre is located at 320 Ludlow Avenue, and on Wednesdays, they offer dinner and a movie for $6.75.

I would write more but (yikes!), I have a class to teach in less than an hour!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused...if the theater is now a Wendy's, how can they run "Rocky"?

I've seen "Rocky Horror" a few times, but 800+? Good lord!!

Unknown said...

It became a Wendys, then they converted back to a movie theatre.