Thursday, March 8, 2007

Opus Takes on Darth Cheney

Wow, I am spending an unholy amount of time on my blog. Perhaps, a 21-year-old college student from Clemson U is making better use of their Spring Break in Daytona Beach. Alas, Clemson lost to Floridat St. 67-66 today at the ACC tournament in Tampa Bay, NC (I know that town is in Fla- it was a joke that people in this part of the country would get- especially if they lived in Greensboro). My cousin Mike Dawkins would have graduated from Clemson if he hadn't spent too much time in Daytona Beach, so instead he went to Winthrop U in Rock Hill, SC _I am still obviously bitter that his school has beaten my alma mater Radford U 47 consecutive times in men's basketball:) Mike has long since recovered from his alcohol dependency, and is now making more para than I'll ever see by selling popcorn at Charlotte Bobcats games. (Sorry, Mike_ it's been a long week. For the record, none of this above info is true except for the fact that he went to Winthrop and his school has beaten mine 47 consecutive times. Mike is in fact an excellent person, but sorry ladies-he's married and you'll have to settle for a pet rock...!)
At any rate, if you have read all my entries this week, you also have too much time on your hands. But, you may have noticed my earlier entry which borrowed comic strip lines from a "Zippy the Pinhead" strip which made fun of Cong. Nancy Pelosi (D-Ca). "Opus" is a much more widely-read comic strip than "Zippy," but it is in neither "The Roanoke Times" or "The (Greensboro) News-Record." I did happen to see the March 4 edition in The Sunday edition of "The Washington Post" at the Salem (Va) Library tonight. It pokes fun at our beloved president, I mean vice president, Dick Cheney. There will be a link with the actual strip at the end of this entry. Here is the dialogue:

Opus: Shh! The Vice President just snuck in from my closet of anxieties.
Opus (contd): Sir. There's a marsupial on your head.
Dick: That's your opinion.
Opus: I'm staring at it.
Dick: You're Not.
Opus: It's a marsupial and it's on your head.
Dick: Left-wing media hogwash.
Opus: Sir I think even Bill O'Reilly would say that there's a marsupial on your head.
Dick: You're wrong. He told me 'nice hairpiece.'
Opus: It's a maruspial.
Dick: I'm leaving
Opus: Please, don't up!
Dick: Why?
Opus: You're wearing a thong.
Dick: That's your opinion.

Link:
http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/wpopv/

As always, if the link doesn't work, don't sue me!

No comments: