Thursday, December 7, 2006

Well, Thank God I was wrong.....!

It has been a crazy time hence the long delay between entries. Nevertheless, I am delighted that I was dead wrong in my election predictions. I did not think that Claire Mackaskill would defeat Sen. Jim Talent (R-Mo) or that ultra-corrupt Montana Republican Senator Conrad Burns would lose his seat as well. It is also delightful to see James Webb replacing George Allen. I must however profess reluctant ambivilance about how well Congressional Democrats can lead. I fear that Cong. Nancy Pelosi (D-Ca) may be too much of a lightning rod to be an effective Speaker of the House. I'm also concerned that Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) is too much of a lock, and thus the right-wing pit bulls, ie. Rush Limbaugh and Jerry Falwell, will vote in a political centerist like John McCain and Rudy Guiliani to counter her. But, at least, the likelihood of a fervent, militant ultra-conservative like President Dubya coming into the White House in 2008 now appears minimal at best. Of course, a lot can happen between now and then! 

No comments: