Thursday, February 23, 2006

My movie reviews are now online

I hope this does not seem too self-promoting, but then again I think about 98% of all blogs are indeed that way-LOL!

 

My reviews for "Mrs. Henderson Present" and "The World's Fastest Indian" are avialbale from the Grandin theatre web site (see below). I am hoping to see and review "TransAmerica" either tomorrow or Saturday.

 

I want to personally thank Jason Garnett and Kathy Chittum of the Grandin Theatre Foundation for this opportunity. The Grandin Theatre was renovated in 2002, and it is the leading arthouse in Roanoke, Va.

For those of who are local and like to stay up late and don't mind a film that will not win any Oscars this year or any other year, then you can check out local Roanoke filmmaker Charles Cullen's latest B-movie "The Dead Have Risen." If you like low-budget horror films, then this may be the film for you! It will show at the Grandin on midnight, Sat. Feb. 25

 

Next week, the Grandin will show a series of shorts that were last year's Oscars nominees. The collection of films begins March 3.

They will also be showing the Oscars at the Theatre live on March 5.

Since it won several British Film Academy Awards as well as the Golden Globes, I expect 'Broke Mountain" to win best picture, though of the two nominated films I've seen I think "Capote" is the slightly stronger of the two. But, "Capote"'s star Phillip Seymour Hoffman seems to be a slight favorite over Heth Ledger of "Brokeback Mountain" for the Best Actor Oscar.

To see my reviews and see when films are showing at the Grandin, the theatre's web site is:

 

http://grandintheatre.com

 

No comments: