Monday, February 20, 2006

Florida Gators win big in gymnastics this weekend...

Since one of my email pals Yvonne Tousek, a former Canadian Olympian and UCLA gymnastics star, has a sister Chantelle Tousek on the U of Florida gymnastics team, I thought I would continue with a second consecutive sports entry. If I knew anything about ski-jumping, I suppose an entry regarding the Olympic Games from Torino, Italy would be next!

I had hoped to go to their tri-meet at NC St., which also included a Virginia school William and Mary, but after going to one last week I decided to stay home and waste vast amounts of personal time.

Of course, since my last entry is about NC St.'s victory in men's basketball over Va. Tech (sorry, Lale), there is some irony here! Anyway, here is a brief synopsis of the U-Fla, NC St., and W&M meet from the U-Fla sports info center.

Raleigh, NC_ The No. 5 U of Fla. gymnastics team (11-2, 3-2) won the NC St triangular meet in front of a crowd of 2,412. the Gators posted a 195.95 whole NC ST scored a 19120 and William and Mary posted a 186.725.

The Gators posted a 196.40 in their win at Kentucky, two nights earlier.

Soph. Ashley Reed stepped to the top of the awards stand in each of the three events she competed in on Sun.

She also shared the uneven bars title with her Gator teammates, Nicola Willis and Samantha Lutz. And, Reed shared the vault title with teammates Tiffany Murry and Katie Rue.

I have nothing against the lady Wolfpack (is that an oxy-moron or what!) and the Tribe. But, I'm happy for U-Fla.

And, hopefully, by posting this, I may actually hear from Yvonne again soon!

 

For more info:

University of Florida athletics

http://www.gatorzone.com

College Gymnastics fans web site

http://www.collegegymfans.com

 

 

No comments: