Sunday, December 11, 2005

Turkish soccer news- GalataSaray beat Besiktash

Well, the world may not be a better place than it was yesterday. But, at least, my favorite Turkish soccer team, GalataSaray defeated Besiktas 3-2 yesterday. Alas, Turkey did not qualify for the World Cup, so I will have to root for the USA team and/or Costa Rica (I love underdogs). I am happy to report that BursaSpor is winning the second division. My friend Ugur Celikkol lives in Bursa, and the whole city has been in a state of suicidal depression since they feel down a group. Alas, GalataSaray still trails the menacing evil that is FenerBahce. But, second place is good for now! Sanirim, pek yakinda, sizi buyuk seklinde gecegiz-'We will beat you in the not too distant future (again!)"........Cim Bom bom.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? Fenerbahce beat both Galatasaray and Besiktas. They are the ONLY team in European Leagues with a loss. They only lost 6 points because of 3 draws with various teams..
Atilla, your town (Roanoke) and your team (Galata-malata-salata) both suck! :)

Happy new year and happy hanukkah abi! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, every town should be as 'happening' as Boise. I will go on a limb and say that my beloved hometown of Roanoke will indeed surpass the spud capital one day!....if we haven't already:)