Monday, December 12, 2005

New book from Village Voice columnist

With Ahnuld deciding to go through with a controversial execution (I fimrly oppose the death penalty), the continuing fiasco in Iraq and the never-ending head scarf controversy at Istanbul University in my father's country, I am simply too overwhelmed to write a political commentary piece for my newest blog entry. But, apparently, I am not the only one overwhelmed with nonsense these days. Village Voice columnist Anya Kamenetz, who I had emailed earlier this year has informed me that she has a new book entitled "Generation Debt: Why Now is a Terrible Time to be Young." It is due out in February. At 35, I may not no longer be considered 'young,' but surely the problems Anya examines are universal ones. Her book will deal with student loans, credit cards, low wages, no benefits, bad jobs, no jobs (yes, I know how that is!0, and tax cuts for very wealthy white men. The book will examine the plight of 12 people who are confronted with such problems as a result of this national epidemic. One can find out more about the book at gedebthebook.com and if you like you check out Anya's blog at AnyaKamenetz.blogspot.com

She is also available for campus tours this spring

No comments: