Friday, January 29, 2010

My 25 Best Films of 2009 (second draft)




"Up in the Air" is my film of the year, and I am pleased that my friend Joe Scott a film enthuiast/critic in Greensboro, NC, has agreed with me. "Film Comment" magazine named "The Hurt Locker" best film of the year in their annual survey.

Here is a slightly updated film from an entry I posted in December:

1. "Up in the Air"
2. "The Lovely Bones"
3. "Bruno"
4. "Three Monkeys" (Turkey)
5. "The Fantastic Mr. Fox"
6. "An Education"
7. "Sugar"
8. "The Hurt Locker"
9. "Where the Wild Things Are"
10. "A Serious Man"
11. "Cold Souls"
12. "Adventureland"
13. "Summer Hours" (France)
14. "Invictus"
15. "Tyson" (doc)
16. "The Hangover"
17. "The Informant!"
18. "Star Trek"
19. "The Box"
20. "Inglorious Basterds"
21. "Bad Lt: Port Call New Orleans"
22. "Public Enemies"
23. "500 Days of Summer"
24. "Food Inc." (doc)
25. "Up"

1 comment:

Adam Bell said...

interesting list, but no Crazy Heart?

An interesting topic for all film mavens would be the 25 greatest of all time, vs. the 25 films you've watched the most. Coffin Joe, you'd make the cut! ha ha