Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Special Quote of the Day- Chevy Chase





According to my friend Moviezzz's blog, one of my all-time favorite cinematic flops, "Under the Rainbow" (1981) is finally being released on dvd today.

The movie revolves around what may have gone on during the production of the movie "The Wizard of Oz."

It has been 28 years since I saw the film as an 11-year-old child, but I still remember how remarkably bad it was.

The film actually had a very talented cast, including Chevy Chase, Carrie Fisher and the late Bill Barty (actually, I should double-check to see if he is indeed dead on the IMDB- yes sorry to say he died in 2000.)

I quoted Fisher on our sister blog "The Daily Vampire."

Here, we go with a quip from Chevy Chase, who now stars in the NBC sitcom "Community," which alas comes on Thursday nights when I have to teach, though "Rolling Stone" said in a recent article that it is indeed a good show.

Chase turned 68 on Oct. 8.

Since today is Election Day in Virginia and New Jersey (for gubernatorial races) his quote seems all the more appropriate:

"Anyone who wants to run has to be a Jimmy Swaggart, minus the default."

No comments: