Monday, February 19, 2007

My Favorite Insomniac Rants.......from a notebook..

I was just looking at my blog which should soon hopefully surpass the 1,000 hits mark, and I was thinking that the one thing it lacked- well, aside from striking visuals, was original thought.

Most of my entries pertain to newspaper stories or articles I found from somewhere else.

But, tonight, I thought I would post some rants that I kept in a notebook while suffering from insomnia for several consecutive nights at some juncture last year.

 

Here are some of my favorites:

1) I feel sick. Alone. Disturbed. Angry. Bitter. Hostile. Tired. Wrestless. Irritated. Yet, I am sober.

2) The bank. The car. The church. The state. Maybe Marx was right_ if only his theory had worked!

3) Who is the better poet_ Homer or Robert Frost? I am ignorant of such things, but perhaps they were too once.

4) Poet. Priest. Politician. You don't need to be Alex Trebeck to know who among them has the best pay.

5) Will anything I saw tonight make remote sense tomorrow?

6) I understand maniacs all too well. Should that be a concern or a virtue?

7) A person can only talk to a terrorist the day before or after the bomb. A person can only talk to the president if he/she has million dollars. I suppose neither one is worth the time or money.

8)I heard a piece on NPR about Mussolini (check spelling). I immediately thought of Bush. And, I don't hate him as much today as I did yesterday.

9) I wonder how Shakesperare reacted if he indeed ever got rejected. Did he cry or laugh?

10) Dostoveysky. Melville. Chaucer. Anyone who is sent to prison or gets elected should be forced to read all three of them.

Perhaps, there will be more rants at a later time! Like Charles Bukowski's poetry, much of which is just now being published years after his death, there is more where this came from!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops, Shaespeare is spelled wrong. I imagine Dostoveysky's name is as well. But, if I have insomnia tonight, it will assuredly be for more significant reasons!

Anonymous said...

sorry, I do know the man's name is spelled S H A K E S P E A R E