Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Widespread Panic on Austin City Limits this week

I normally don't post two blog entries in one day, but it came to my attention today that the road warrior rock group, Widespread Panic, which has developed quite a devout following over the years will be on this week's edition of Austin City Limits. The PBS show is in its 31st season and this past week North Carolina rocker Ryan Adams headlined the show. I have seen acts ranging from Lyle Lovett to Pat Methany perfom on their this past year alone! My cousin Mike of Rock Hill, SC and another cousin Stella from Roebuck, SC, are both huge fans of Panic. Stella went as far as Colorado to see them perfom (to my knowledge) and I believe Mike went all the way out to Arizona for one of their concerts. They came here to Roanoke fairly recently, but I'm one who prefers to see bands perfom on Austin City Limits, perhaps because- well, it is free!

 

Widespread Panic consists of:

John Bell on lead vocals and guitar

John "Jo Jo" Hermann on keyboards and vocals

George McConell on guitars

Todd Nance on drums

Domingo S. Ortiz on percussion

Dave Schools on bass

Thanks to everyone for reading my blog, as I have now passed 50 entires! To my knowledge, documentary filmmaker Les Blank("Burden of Dreams")  is the most famous person who has accessed it so far.

The web site for Austin City Limits is:

http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin

The site for Widespread Panic is:

http://www.widespreadpanic.com

Coming attractions:

Please hold me to this, I hope to reprint a recipe involving buttermilk that was in an issue of "Oxford American" earlier this year.

No comments: