Thursday, June 23, 2011

Status Update- I am NOT Erupting Like Mount Pinatubo




It was 20 years ago this month when Mount Pinatubo in the Phillipines erupted. The volcanic eruption killed 800 people in spite of evacuation warnings.

Thankfully, in spite of a very stressful, hectic week, I am erupting like Mount Pinatubo. Actually, I am not sure I would want to go near that particular volcano, but I would love to see those cool buses that the Phillipines is famous for.

We are also hoping to get some blogging in next month, and I have not forgotten about posting another people with long names list as I did back in May.

One person who would have to qualify would be Sonja Lyubomirsky, a professor of psychology at UC-Riverside who was interviewed by "Psychology Today," which is (amazingly enough!) not one of the eight or nine magazines I now subscribe to, and this is not a joke!

The article where...hmm, we'll break the rules and just refer to her as Sonja or Dr. Sonja was interviewed was about the secrets to finding happiness. Apparently, thanking people who've done nice things for you as opposed to getting iritated with people who almost ran over your golden retriever is one way of getting at this.

So on that note, I thank all of you reading this blog, and if you don't like this blog, then go follow Newt Gingrich as he stumps through New Hampshire and Iowa.

No comments: