Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quote of the Day- Werner Herzog




Today we are pressed for time....hmm- I've been saying that a lot lately!

First I want to apologize to the North Carolina State women's gymnastics team as I've been meaning to profile some of their star gymnasts.

But, we do have this great quote from German film director Werner Herzog, who now lives in L.A.- of all places. The quote was said as he was making his epic film "Fitzcarraldo" in the Peruvian jungle some 25 years ago:


"I shouldn't make movies anymore. I should go into a lunatic asylum."

I highly recommend seeing my friend Les Blank's documentary "Burden of Dreams" which looks at the making of "Fitzcarraldo." It will make one think twice about making a film or venturing into the Amazon River basin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your articles are very detailed and attractive. I am happy to read them. Wish you have more health to continue to develop this site. You can also read more of my articles here. Thank you
Eve Lindley biography
a aa movie near me
amc woodlands movie times