Friday, September 21, 2012

Today is Our 7th Anniversary of Blogging

Today is indeed the 7th anniversary of this very blog, which has outlasted a good chunk of the competition; alas, a good chunk of the competition were also my friends.

For this special anniversary edition, we are doing something new, which is to have a blog entry made of dialogue from Sunday comic sections; today, we include lines from 12 comic strips that were posted in the June 17, 2012, edition of "The Washington Post." That day also happened to be Father's Day, hence the reason why we have an image of Fred MacMurray from the yesteryear sitcom "My Three Sons."


Let's begin:

1) "Was that daddy?"

2) "You're like the smartest dad in the world."

3) "This conversation has been a total waste of time, Lemont."

4) "Did really just on a horse named Charlie?"

5) "Why not just outlaw divorce?"

6) "Lately, I've had a lot of questions about my career."

7) "I'm a preferred customer. What can I say?"

8) "More coffee?"

9) "We haven't had a Tech Support department for about six months."

10) "Wh.....What's happening to him?"

11) "If you're heading up to Cherry Creek Lodge, take the shortcut!"

12) "Just because I assembled you from parts in my lab doesn't make me your dad."

13) "No you guys can't stay here for the next four years."

14) "Around this time in 323 B.C., Alexander the Great died."


(From "Doonesbury," "Sherman's Lagoon," "Candorville," "The Argoyle Sweater," "Knight Life*," "Hagar the Horrible," "Foxtrot," "Pearls Before Swine," "Reply All," "the Amazing Spiderman," "Judge Parker," "Brewster Rockit," "Non Sequitur" and "Prickly City."

*- a comic strip by the multi-talented Keith Knight

www.washingtonpost.com

No comments: