Monday, April 2, 2012

No Turkish Bride_It Was An April Fool's Joke




No, I am NOT marrying a Turkish woman named Sibel Turkan Atasoy, and though we googled that name to make sure no one actually had it, if indeed, someone has that name it was not our intentions to use a real name.

On Twitter yesterday, I pulled another April Fool's Joke, when I said that liberal filmmaker Michael Moore had endorsed Republican Mitt Romney for president; they are actually both from Michigan! But, Moore has not endorsed him.

Also, I thought it was an April Fool's Joke when I read that the progressive talk show host Keith Olbermann, who had already been fired from MSNBC, got the boot again_ this time from Current TV.

But, amazingly enough, that is true! Olbermann was apparently fired for making fun of how a limo driver smelled.

My fellow progressive Turkish-American Cenk Uygur, who also left MSNBC, has a show that is still on Current at 7:00 p.m. We certainly hope he sticks around for a long time to come!

No comments: