Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quote of the Day/Week- Janet Evans




Since we quoted the swimming great Mark Spitz on our sister blog "The Daily Vampire," we thought we'd stay in the pool and quip Janet Evans, 41, is amazingly enough training for the 2012 London Olympics.

Evans first achieved prominence 25 years ago, and she won three gold medals and set a new world's record in the 400-meter free-style at the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Evans went on to win another gold at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. In total, Evans has won five medals, including one silver.

She was profiled on the NPR sports show "Only a Game" about her remarkable comeback efforts at a time when she is also busy being a wife and a mother.

It was hard to find a quote from Evans, and even harder to find a good image, but we hope this quip works:

"My straight-arm recover was natural. I really couldn't swim it any other way. I think it developed when I was a kid, and I wanted to get down the pool the fastest."

No comments: