Monday, November 22, 2010

Being Deliberately Trendy




Since Trending Topics is new trend in cyberspace these days, we thought we'd throw in some catch phrases which were Trending Topics on Twitter today. I should point out to my friends that as a 40-year-old man I don't wear high heels myself but I thought this image above (of a woman trying on high heels) might get your undivided attention.

So, here we go.........


I haven't asked my friend Moviezzz if he is planning to blog live during tonight's broadcast of the American Music Awards, which might well feature the likes of Nick Carter and NSYNC. But, perhaps, he will dish about the latest Survivor Series since he talks about tv shows on his blog. I only watch three shows on tv (not counting PBS) and those are "Outsourced," "Dexter" and "Mad Men." I like to watch tv on Sundays since there is nothing to do in High Point, NC (not actually where I live, but there is nothing to do on Sundays there either!) except go to Starbucks and watch trendy people. Perhaps, I will go to bed early tonight which would allow to catch up on my zzzzzs and perhaps indulge in a Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy with the latest contest from ANTM (America's Next Top Model, yeah, I didn't know what it meant either!).

Of course, all of this is pure nonsense that is being written merely to inflate my hits for the day, though the part about only watching three tv shows and hanging out at Starbucks to people watch on Sunday afternoons are actually true!

I was stunned to see that the terms 'full body scanners,' 'TSA' and 'pat-downs' were not trending on Twitter today. But, Jon Tyner of San Diego has used video footage of his negative experiences with the pat-down to recruit other passengers on the Internet who find the new measures objectionable.

"Saturday Night Live," which is not one of the three shows I watch on a semi-regular basis, reportedly had a hilarious skit with star Kristen Wiig (which is perhaps one reason why I should alternate with "Austin City Limits") about the TSA's new measures. It has become an Internet sensation according to ...well, the Internet.

No comments: