Friday, April 30, 2010

Status Update-Deliberating Over Which Book to Check Out




As of 2:40 p.m., this is on my mind as I am blogging from a public library in Wytheville, Va., or somewhere within 150 miles of there:

"Should I check out Chuck Palahniuk's modern classic 'Choke,' or given the fact that I've already read it six or seven times, is it time to move on?"

As movie buffs know, "Choke" was made into a film which I was very disappointed with about two years ago. The author is best known for "Fight Club." Both the novel and the film have a large cult following.

I just learned today that one of Palahniuk's other novels "Invisible Monsters" has been made into a film which come out this year. My personal favorite Palahniuk novel is perhaps "Diary," but I haven't read it six or seven times!

No comments: