Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Friend from Hollins has Film about Turkey........

I have been meaning to post this here for some time. As it is, the some time should be now since Sadie Tillery, a friend of mine who went to Hollins University (I was the only guy in her class, which made for a Kafkaesque experience), is about to present a documentary film that she produced entitled "Time Pieces" at the Museum of Radio and Television Broadcasting in New York on Sunday at 5 pm. Alas, I can not be there, but I hope the screening goes very well. "Time Pieces" is a compilation of short documentary films from a host of Turkish and American documentary filmmakers. The project was organized by the FullFrame Documentary Festival in Durham. "Time Pieces" debuted at the festival this year. It was also screened in Istanbul last month. Sadie traveled to Turkey with the film. I have traveled to Turkey many times, but never with a film! But, I may very be traveling there in the summer of 2007, so I suppose any thing is possible............I don't have the link to the film festival that Sadie's film will be in, but if one Googles The Museum of Radio and Television, they should be able to find it........I hope!

No comments: